VCE – Ventilating Curb Mounted Skylight with Electrics
VCE is an outward opening, top hung, ventilated “curb-mounted” skylight. The VCE is designed for low roof pitch applications but can be installed from 0-60 degrees. The sash can be removed for easier installation.
The VCE comes with a 2.4GHz RF remote for operation. The chain is 330mm in length but can be shortened (via the remote) to open 100mm or 200mm for within reach installations.
The VCE is installed on a curb or ‘upstand’ that is purpose built by the installer. The VCE does not come with a flashing kit - an appropriate flashing or waterproofing system must be supplied by the installer to suit the roof pitch and profile.
The VCE consists of the following integrated components:
- an insulating glass unit
- an interior PVC, maintenance-free, frame and sash – white
- an exterior roll-formed, painted aluminium frame and sash – grey
- an electric chain operator with built-in rain sensors. (requires 240V power)
- 2.4 GHz RF wireless remote control
- pre-fitted 240V electrical cable with Australian plug.
- pre-installed wire & mounting brackets for optional electric blinds. (24v dc power supplied by prefitted electric operator)
- an interior condensation drainage gasket and flyscreen for insect protection